It's not every day that I get tagged by a nekkid man, so how could I not respond to Nude Steve in Memphis? His question would make a good "Fun Monday" assignment: "If you were left alone on a deserted island, which celebrity would you choose to spend time with?"
Now, if you know Arkansas Songbird, then you know we have a "Battle of the Matts." I still think mine is cuter, so he's my first pick:Matt Damon is brilliant, beautiful, funny, and he would keep my full interest, be it thru conversation or merely standing in one spot. Food? What food? After getting in shape preparing for those Jason Bourne movies, you KNOW he could kick some serious butt on the island, lest we be attacked by pirates. And he wouldn't have to be all MacGyver to do it, with toothpicks, tweezers, tube socks and magic farts. It would be PURE man. Sigh.
I could also hang with this guy:But he would HAVE to bring a guitar. THE artist, mind you - genius, talented. I love music - so much that I couldn't live without it. I can see myself making percussion sets out of coconuts, or humming thru one of those palm fronds. So, our all night and day jam sessions would sustain me for a while. I know he would squeal at all those big island spiders, but then, I think he's a vegan. More meat for me!
Then there's this guy:You KNOW he has experience. And he would make me laugh. And as long as he didn't put his bloody hands on my face, he could still go nutso and call me "Wilson." I wouldn't mind.
Now the second tag was a TEAM-tag, from Fianna and Kaytabug, and it was the "Stuart Smalley Meme," where I'm supposed to list 10 things that ROCK about me! Well, the first one should be easy, right?
1. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me! (A Stuart CLASSIC!)
2. I went back to school to get a Master's degree and graduated with a 4.0. And I didn't do it to get a better job. I did it for ME!
3. I own my own business. And I don't usually crack under the pressure OR the bills.
4. I am honest with my friends, and I don't lie to them about the important stuff. I tell it like it is, and they know that I'm going to be forthright.
5. I am devoted to my husband and my daughter - completely. Our family unit is the highest priority in my life, and I am proud that I am giving enough to make these two relationships work.
6. I have true musical ability - and I still use it.
7. I am au natural, in all the right places, and I don't sag.
8. I am all about HYGIENE!
9. I am constantly trying to learn more and improve myself - I'm not satisfied with the status quo.
10. I love music, art, and football - and I'm not a "prude," if you know what I mean. An all-around cool chick.
Daily Affirmations are a good thing. I'm feeling better already.
Now, remember this picture of the brick? This is one of two stacks at our house site. Notice anything in particular? Well, I didn't either. Not after at least four visits to the house. Look closely - see it?This is OUR brick - the right brick:This is NOT our brick:See it now? Luckily, the wrong brick belongs to a friend of ours who is building a house down the road. Our brick was not short - and I didn't end up paying for the wrong brick. It just got put on our job site instead of his...so a snafu that didn't hurt anyone. Well, except it inconvenienced him a tad.
Jackie and Cavin left for vacation to shoot things in Colorado, but Tony and Ronald are staying behind to work around the house. I have assignments to pick tile, talk to the plumber, pick cabinets, and find the electrician while they are gone. It's shaping up fine - I think I will take a few days off, too!Have a great weekend and Labor Day!