I am HORRIBLY delinquent when it comes to memes. The lovely JennieBoo has tagged me, as well as the lovely Arkansas Songbird...so I decided to take a break from house-obsessing and complete my assignments, lest I get paddled.
JenniBoo's assignment was the "Sunday Morning Meme," which I've seen in SOME version before...but not exactly the same.
Four jobs I have had or currently have in my life:
1. Piano teacher
2. Sales-girl at Parklane Hosiery in a mall
4. Adjunct faculty at the local community college.
Four countries I have been to:
1. The United States
3. California - (trust me on this, it IS like another country)
4. Washington, D. C. - (they can't vote, so, what exactly is this place?)
Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. At home, asleep in my bed.
2. Getting a massage.
3. At my new house site, taking pictures and embarrassing the builders.
4. New York City
Four foods I like to eat:
1. Tostito's flour tortilla chips and guacamole
2. Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
3. French fries
4. My mom's homemade turkey stuffing - right out of the bird.
I am not tagging anyone this time - because I'm naughty. Now for Arkansas Songbird's "moaning" meme, which was a little different. Once again, I'm so late in doing this, I'm not tagging anyone b/c everyone has probably done it already.
Four things that should go into Room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth (as if the whole act of blogging isn't Orwellian ENOUGH):
* Child molesters (couldn't change that from Songbird's - too good)
* All those reality shows that are just about people "hooking up."
* Drunk drivers with multiple arrests, who are still on the road.
Three things people do that make you want to shake them violently
* Rolling their eyes.
* Saying, "I KNOW," after I've asked them to do something umpteen times.
* Saying, "In a minute," when asked to do something.
Wait...I just read the assignment...it said "people." I thought it meant teenagers...sorry.
Two things you find yourself moaning about :
* Menstrual cramps.
* Rude people.
One thing the above answers tell about yourself :
* I can be a wee bit judgmental.
* Link to the original meme at freelance cynic.
* Be as honest as possible so people will get to know the real you.
* Try not to insult anyone unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly.
* Post these rules at the end of every meme.
I hate rules.
Now, you really didn't think you'd get thru a post from me without a HOUSE UPDATE, did you? Of course not. But first, here is another reason I want a new house:Old houses have spaces where critters can get in - no matter how much you fight them. This little bugger was in our bathroom, playing with the cat. I want an airtight, mouse-proof abode. Looking at the progress on the foundation, it may be sooner than we think. The subfloor is taking shape - and here is a closeup of the little shimmys they use to make sure the joists are level:I know the builders must think I'm a little weird, b/c I crawled under the house to get this shot:It's the only time it will look quite this pretty, so I had to get a photo before they put the plywood on the joists. I know it's kinda "artsy-fartsy" to post these types of construction photos, but then - I'm the kinda girl who lays on my back in my front yard to get cool photos of trees.
Thanks for being excited about my progress - I'll need your help choosing furniture!