Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Two Memes and a Mouse

I am HORRIBLY delinquent when it comes to memes. The lovely JennieBoo has tagged me, as well as the lovely Arkansas Songbird...so I decided to take a break from house-obsessing and complete my assignments, lest I get paddled.

JenniBoo's assignment was the "Sunday Morning Meme," which I've seen in SOME version before...but not exactly the same.

Four jobs I have had or currently have in my life:
1. Piano teacher
2. Sales-girl at Parklane Hosiery in a mall
3. Bartender
4. Adjunct faculty at the local community college.

Four countries I have been to:
1. The United States
2. Mexico
3. California - (trust me on this, it IS like another country)
4. Washington, D. C. - (they can't vote, so, what exactly is this place?)

Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. At home, asleep in my bed.
2. Getting a massage.
3. At my new house site, taking pictures and embarrassing the builders.
4. New York City

Four foods I like to eat:
1. Tostito's flour tortilla chips and guacamole
2. Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
3. French fries
4. My mom's homemade turkey stuffing - right out of the bird.

I am not tagging anyone this time - because I'm naughty. Now for Arkansas Songbird's "moaning" meme, which was a little different. Once again, I'm so late in doing this, I'm not tagging anyone b/c everyone has probably done it already.

Four things that should go into Room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth (as if the whole act of blogging isn't Orwellian ENOUGH):
* Child molesters (couldn't change that from Songbird's - too good)
* All those reality shows that are just about people "hooking up."
* Drunk drivers with multiple arrests, who are still on the road.
* Infomercials.

Three things people do that make you want to shake them violently
* Rolling their eyes.
* Saying, "I KNOW," after I've asked them to do something umpteen times.
* Saying, "In a minute," when asked to do something.
Wait...I just read the assignment...it said "people." I thought it meant teenagers...sorry.

Two things you find yourself moaning about :
* Menstrual cramps.
* Rude people.

One thing the above answers tell about yourself :
* I can be a wee bit judgmental.

Rules
* Link to the original meme at freelance cynic.
* Be as honest as possible so people will get to know the real you.
* Try not to insult anyone unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly.
* Post these rules at the end of every meme.

I hate rules.
Now, you really didn't think you'd get thru a post from me without a HOUSE UPDATE, did you? Of course not. But first, here is another reason I want a new house:Old houses have spaces where critters can get in - no matter how much you fight them. This little bugger was in our bathroom, playing with the cat. I want an airtight, mouse-proof abode. Looking at the progress on the foundation, it may be sooner than we think. The subfloor is taking shape - and here is a closeup of the little shimmys they use to make sure the joists are level:I know the builders must think I'm a little weird, b/c I crawled under the house to get this shot:It's the only time it will look quite this pretty, so I had to get a photo before they put the plywood on the joists. I know it's kinda "artsy-fartsy" to post these types of construction photos, but then - I'm the kinda girl who lays on my back in my front yard to get cool photos of trees.

Thanks for being excited about my progress - I'll need your help choosing furniture!

22 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Ewww, ewwwww, EWWWWW! Be gone, rodent, BE GONE! To the devil with ye!

Now, about those artsy-fartsy photos. I like them. But then again, I've been accused of seeing the world from odd angles, so that could explain things.

raffi said...

wow, the project is coming along. i can't stand people who roll their eyes (violent shaking ameliorates this ocular problem) nor do i appreciate people who 'know' everything, even before i'm done asking a question. lovely how we live. btw, are you of jamaican descent with the four jobs and all? ;)

Kila said...

We have an old house (built around 1904), but it's critter-free, except for when we had bats in the attic.

That last photo was worth it :)

MommaBoo said...

Thank you for playing! I enjoyed your answers.

Mice freak me out...ugghh! You know, they're of the devil. As are roaches....

That house'll be done before you know it!

YAY!

Anonymous said...

As long as I keep a cat - I don't ever seem to have a mouse problem.

Tiggerlane said...

desert songbird - actually, our mice are kinda cute. But Roger says they carry diseases. Not cute. Glad you like the photos!

raffi - funny! Guess I COULD be Jamaican, seeing as my heritage is a mystery (see posts labeled THE STORY to catch up). But actually, I only have one of the jobs listed currently. And my real job as a real estate mogul.

kila - your home must be more airtight than mine. And our attic used to have sexually active squirrels. Well, maybe one whore-ish squirrel and her posse.

jenniboo - yeah, even though they are kinda cute, I don't like them in my house. I would also add snakes and spiders to that category!

karymn - I have a cat - and she's a good mouser, but she plays with them too long, and I can't stand the torturous process.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for moaning along with some good answers!

Anonymous said...

Well, that was me. I forgot to type Songbird after Arkansas.

Anonymous said...

EW! We had mice for about a week - I made Cory do severe de-mousing procedures. If they come back I'm permanently moving into a hotel! ;)

I love that last shot! Love!

Dan said...

Piano teacher?? Who knew! I'm impressed.

OK Teach, get your butt down here and we'll meet in NYC for Ben & Jerry's with a side of fries. :)

Tiggerlane said...

arkansas songbird - it was a good (bad) week for moaning.

melissa - Roger is the mouse-killer. I don't even want to know how he does it. Thanks for appreciating that photo - I kinda like it, too.

dan - yup - and if I would ever cut my nails, I could play even better. Sounds like the PERFECT date to me - I'll have to remember that answer, next time the question comes up at a pageant!

theotherbear said...

Well at least yours are pretty white mice. I got really annoyed with our cat the other day because he kept jumping up on the kitchen bench. By the time I realised he was after a MOUSE that was behind the microwave - ON MY KITCHEN BENCH!!!! - he wouldn't get back on the bench to get it as he didn't want to get in trouble. Whoops. It escaped. I don't know where it is now.

Angelina said...

I've missed a lot here! It's very cool how far along your house project has come.

I loved the lists. Especially the second set.

Donetta said...

I love that image from under the house it is so beautiful!
fun meme.
Time will pass soon and then
NO MORE MICE!

Debs said...

EEEEeeeek A mouse.

The house is coming along.

Cool answers :)

Pamela said...

you must not have many earthquakes -- I've never seen that kind of foundation.

cute mouse. we have them sneak in under the kitchen sink, and our cat doesn't know she is supposed to stop them.

Tiggerlane said...

theotherbear - actually, it was a brown field mouse. The flash did something weird. Hope you find your critter!

angelina - everyone likes a good gripe, for sure. And yes, the house is moving along fast enough to scare me!

donetta - thanks for the compliment. I am definitely looking forward to a mouse-free house.

debs - EEK is right! And thanks!

pamela - we don't have any earthquakes, but there is a fault-line in Arkansas. Poured concrete is WAY too expensive to use. And our cat just tortures the mice - we give them a quick ending to their suffering.

C... said...

I like that shot of the wood beams. What did you teach as an adjunct professor?

Tiggerlane said...

c - thanks! I currently teach Human Resource Management each fall at the local community college. Class begins Aug 22nd, and sometimes, it's more work for me than the students.

Anonymous said...

if you like rat terriors get one.. seroiusly they are great dogs and they have the name for a reason;) we used to have problems with mice but not anymore!! the dogs went after em better then the cat we borowed did LOL

Tiggerlane said...

wolfbaby - I already have a dog, but he's big, and not in the house much. I'll have to give the rat terrier idea a try - I had NO idea that's how they got their name!

Anonymous said...

Ah teenagers. God's curse on even....