Friday, February 10, 2006

Links of Interest

In an effort to educate my readers, here's more info about the links in my sidebar. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. No, I'm not completely altruistic; I'm also trying out my new HTML skills(thank you, Mugsy!)!

1st up - PostSecret
This blog is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. Some of these are the typical "I'm cheating on my wife," or "I'm gay," brand of secrets, but some secrets are downright shocking, emotional and heartbreaking. An adult site, with new posts made every Sunday. One of the most popular blogs of 2005. Definitely worth checking out. My favorites ones are the funny ones, like this:

Well, now who hasn't done that from time to time! (HA! Don't all of you call DHS on me at once!)

2nd up - Dooce This is another "best of 2005" blog by former Mormon Heather Armstrong, who actually got fired for blogging about her job on her website. She is hysterical, and her tirades about motherhood and daily life make for great reading, often through tears of laughter. Also, I have a crush on her dog.

3rd - I should say BE WARNED before you check out Overheard in New York. New Yorkers are...well...lacking in Southern charm. These are actual conversations of New Yorkers, overhead (like you needed me to explain that to you). New Yorkers are very raunchy. Some are very raunchy in front of their children. You can greatly expand your urban vocabulary by visiting this site. You will be amazed at what conversations are had IN PUBLIC. Totally uncensored. My favorites are from the homeless, drunks and bums - fun for all!

You'll have to wait for the weekend for my explanations of the other choices. But something tells me, you'll get curious and click links before then. Explore!

No comments: