Well, maybe it was a ploy to get me back to posting - which is long overdue. I suppose I just got lost in the hazy, lazy days of this past weekend, and have yet to fully resurface! But Desert Songbird has tagged me with "My Top Ten Simple Pleasures." My difficulty is going to be coming up with only TEN!
But first, I have to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to the Texas Aggie Football team! I'm always proud of my alma mater, but watching them saw varsity's horns off in last Friday's Lone Star Showdown was divine. It almost made up for the Razorbacks' senseless loss in their hopeful race for the National Championship. Almost. At least I've still got Peyton and the Colts to cheer about.
Okay, so here are the ten (in no particular order):
1. Snuggling with my husband and daughter on a cold day.
2. Receiving wet, joyous puppy kisses from my dog.
3. Watching an exciting/back-and-forth NFL or NCAA football game.
4. Getting wrapped up in a romantic movie, especially if it makes me cry.
5. Playing a nice, flowing piece on the piano.
6. Getting lost in a book for days.
7. Wrapping up in a warm blanket (or towel), fresh from the dryer.
8. Laughing with my friends over the SILLIEST things.
9. Making ANY dessert, and having exclusive "licking of the spoon" rights.
10. Having a day to sleep in, with NO obligations to go anywhere or do anything.
By the way, the winners of last week's "Find Amber" contest are Shauna and Marnie! I was actually very glad that Amber didn't do the "pursed lip pout" thing in this photo. And even though it looks like she's all "Hook 'Em Horns," I know she's aiming for "Rock-n-Roll Fingers."
Tag time! My chosen victims are local Songbird, Shauna, and Karmyn R.