Wednesday, March 29, 2006

American WHAT?

I will preface this by saying that I am in no way a great singer. Yes, I sing along in my car/shower/house/office to all manner of tunes, but I would never subject myself to any form of competition. Especially in front of actual people.

What was up with American Idol last night? Hello? Did they forget they are on national television - with a live studio audience? This isn't time for warmups!

The most hideous thing? Ace Young and his SCAR.
Honestly. His performance reminded me of when Amber was little, and used to mime the words to cheesy songs while using her Little Tykes microphone in the living room. Funny and cute when she was three. Not funny and cute when a grown man strokes his SCAR during his performance and strokes his HAIR as well. Granted, I know the lyrics to "Drops of Jupiter." But Ace, give me a break. Your narcissism is almost as annoying as Kellie Pickler's hick-speak.

Once again, I voted for Taylor. He and Paris had the best performances of the night. I don't think Taylor is the best singer, but he is HONEST. He isn't trying to woo the audience. He isn't trying to seduce the camera to win the 16-year-old-girl vote. He finally sang without having an epileptic seizure, which granted, can distract. (I know, it's his SOUL speaking when he moves like that - but it is a tad painful to watch.)

And someone, please vote Bucky off. I don't think I can take another week.

No comments: