Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fun Monday-versary!

Wow - has it already been a YEAR since this Fun Monday thing started? Look what you've done, Vicki! But I have met great bloggers along the way. It is only fitting that the "ideator" of Fun Monday is this week's hostess. Vicki made it easy by allowing us old-timers a break, and helping the newbies see what we were all up to a year ago. All we had to do was link back to that first Fun Monday post, and then repost our VERY FIRST BLOG POST EVER. Piece of cake. Well, actually, two pieces of cake.

Even though I sometimes doubt people like "clicking back" on links, I'll do it this time. HERE is the first Fun Monday post from Tiggerlane. I like it mostly b/c it features two things: our land before we started building our new home, and a sign that Arkansas Songbird gave my husband one Christmas.

And, here is my first post ever, about what else? Football! I have no idea how to make the comments show up, but there were only five that first time.

The title: A Timid Toe Enters the Blog Pool, published January 5, 2006. And I just now realized I totally forgot to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of my blog. Darn.

Okay, so I really don't want the world to know THAT much about me. Especially the 'net world, which seems populated with various sickos (much like my REAL world!) - but this seems as good as any outlet to vent my frustrations about things in general, and even if I'm the only one getting anything out of this, so be it.

Ah - a personal online diary. I can handle this! Maybe my daughter will read it and weep one day. At least I own my own company, so anything nasty I say about my job won't get me fired!

On to the topic of the day: as an Aggie who is extemely loyal to Texas A&M University, it was exciting to watch last night's game. Torn between rooting for a Texas team (having grown up in that lovely football state) and the USC Trojans (having family from So. Cal. and having been born there), I chose to root for USC. But I was tickled to receive this in my email box, and actually thought of getting one:


Now...do you think the Texas Longhorn fans would do the same for us Ags if WE made it to the Rose Bowl? I'm not sure.

Ags have a great heart, and to be honest, Vince and the boys deserved last night's win, even if they DID have a few plays (lateral-pass-with-one-knee-down) handed to them. Vince has true potential in the NFL - here's hoping he will go this year, and not risk getting injured and miss his chance in the big leagues altogether. Wonder if he and Reggie could both save the Houston Texans?
Now that the big game is behind us, saw varsity's horns off!!

Go celebrate Fun Monday-versary!

28 comments:

the planet of janet said...

your first post was very good, tig. it's so fun to look back at where we came from...

my4kids said...

I like seeing peoples first post especially one's that have been blogging for awhile.

my4kids said...

I like seeing peoples first post especially one's that have been blogging for awhile.

Faye said...

Oh boy, I can see why you're looking forward to enjoying that new view TL. Hope nobody builds anything that would destroy your sweeping view. Congrats on blogging anniversary. Not too much longer a neophyte?

Alison said...

I love both your views...but I especially love the new country view...simply gorgeous!!

bichonpawz said...

Nice Job Tig!! Even your very first post was great!

Pamela said...

I SOOOO remember your view from your front door. It was the chair!

I am getting a kick out of "first posts" So much easier then having to go back and look for it.

willowtree said...

I guess you've changed your stance on privacy since that first post, cause boy, you've sure spilled the beans since then!

Hootin Anni said...

LOL....cute shirt!

Happy Fun Monday.

Sandy said...

Great job today and great job then! What fun to look back.

Thanks.

ChrisB said...

I have been wondering why I didn't comment on the first FM posts. I think I was a bit of a lurker back then! I remember I loved your view and over the past year it has been great to see your new house being built on that land.

Tiggerlane said...

janet - thanks! And it is odd, looking back and remembering how I felt about the blog world back then.

my4kids - I can't wait to read everyone else's! Wish I could take off work Mondays just to read blogs!

faye - Should be safe - the owners of the pasture across the way don't want to sell. As for neophytism? Sheesh - I had NO idea how to get the comments to post on this!

alison - hopefully, in 3 weeks, that will be our permanent view. I'm excited.

bermudabluez - thanks so much!

pamela - I am anxious to see yours - you are a blogger extraordinaire!

willowtree - interesting point - but there is SO MUCH more to Tiggerlane than I ever share here! BTW, I miss your banter. Good to see you!

hootin' anni - thanks! And happy FM - still can't believe it's been a whole year!

sandy - thanks! This FM thing has really grown since then.

chrisb - you are no longer a lurker - you have evolved! I can't wait to read everyone's posts...

Anonymous said...

Willowtree's comment made me giggle, 'cause I was thinkin' much the same thing. Funny how we get more and more comfortable with "private" info the longer we blog, huh?

I remember your view post, but not what I said. Sometimes it's kinda painful to read old comments, lol.

Beckie said...

Both you and WT bring up good points. It makes me think about how we "think" we know someone from what they are posting, but in reality there is SO much more to the person that they don't care to share with the entire net. I'm not sure what that had to do with your view, but I thought I would say it.


Great first post - you got five comments on your first post...I'm jealous!

M@ said...

I am torn. Giants versus Patriots.

Kaytabug said...

Great first post! Nothing like Jumpin' right in!!! Your first FM post was great! I am LMAO at the sign. That's awesome!

Molly said...

So much has changed for you since that first Fun Monday. You have a new home and a new view. You have answered some questions about your heritage.

I like the title of your first post. Although some people (in real life) know that I blog, many do not. Sometimes sharing my life with my Internet friends is easier than sharing with those outside the box.

Anonymous said...

I guess the question now is: Who are you rooting for Giants or Patriots? Considering that both Mannings are out.

I think I remember reading your first post before. It seems familiar.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you don't want all the "sickos" out there in net land to know too much about you!

Karmyn R said...

I just came back to say "WHAT WAS I SAYING?"

I meant to say - you can root for the Giants because at least there is a Manning playing. (maybe Eli can have a ring like his brother now).

Attie said...

funny shirt!! i posted on mine looking out my front door...a bit late but hey better late yhan never!!

Anonymous said...

Sigh....a sports girl...who like football...and would probably like hockey....sigh....

Great first post. Vince?

Anonymous said...

In reading your first post, my first thought was the same as WT's. Of course the blog is just a snippet of one's life, but some share more personal things than others. Frankly, I have really enjoyed getting to know you through fun Monday and other visits. I love your views which I didn't see last year because I started blogging in June. I have also enjoyed reading about your new house in progress. Thanks for sharing so much. And you're funny too.

Kila said...

Happy Anniversary! It's been great fun!

I remember that porch photo. Very charming and inviting.

Happy 2nd Blogoversary!

Schmoop said...

Belated congrats on two years Tigger. Cheers!!

Tiggerlane said...

robin - I know, willowtree is SO RIGHT! Then again - he's become a recluse, for sure!

beckie - You are so right - and there is a lot that doesn't make it on this site - mostly involving WORK. And don't be too jealous - one was an ex- telling everyone I was hot! LOL!

m@ - I'm not torn. Eli needs a ring to match his brother's.

kaytabug - thanks so much! I will have to finish one of my memes, and reveal some of my earlier posts.

mjd - you are SO RIGHT. My parents don't know about this blog, for obvious reasons. I doubt any of my staff ever reads it either. Which is also good.

karmyn r - I am TOTALLY for Eli - even tho the idea of the Pats having a perfect season is cool, I HATE the fact that Tom Brady left his pregnant girlfriend for a supermodel. Jerk doesn't deserve a Super Bowl Ring. A MANning wouldn't do that.

susan - LOL! Then again, I think I'm a sicko, so maybe it's all fair in life and blogging?

jettie - I have been a bad, busy girl - and STILL haven't gotten around to the FM participants - but I will!

sirdar - Vince Young was the Longhorns' QB at the time - I falsely assumed everyone was as fanatical about the game as I was! I should know better - my husband could care less about football.

coloursofdawn - you are totally making me blush - many thanks for your kind words. Note to self: must blog more.

kila - thanks! And I need to come visit your blog - I have been so tied up with other things (work, NFL playoffs, finishing the house) that I've missed my blog friends. :-(

matt-man - thanks - and LOVE the new avatar - you ROCK!

Unknown said...

I guess I'm a big ole dork, I didn't realize you had been with FM since its inception. :)

Your first post was about football? Funny!

Tiggerlane said...

lisa's chaos - hey, Fun Monday started out in a timid way, and then just took off! I just happened to be a regular reader of Vicki's blog when it happened.